ruby on rails - No route matches [POST] "/author/test_author/24/steps_author/13" -


i have form work , not , can't work out changing between times, other restarting rails app. isn't working.

i have these entries in routes file:

constraints :subdomain => 'my'   namespace 'my', path: nil     namespace 'author'       resources :test_author         resources :steps_author         [...]       end     end   end end 

the particular routes i'm interested in here produce rake routes

my_author_test_author_steps_author        /author/test_author/:test_author_id/steps_author/:id(.:format)   my/author/steps_author#show {:subdomain=>"my"}                                    put        /author/test_author/:test_author_id/steps_author/:id(.:format)   my/author/steps_author#update {:subdomain=>"my"}                                    delete     /author/test_author/:test_author_id/steps_author/:id(.:format)   my/author/steps_author#destroy {:subdomain=>"my"} 

my form opening looks (using simple form , bootstrap):

<%= simple_form_for @step, :url => my_author_test_author_steps_author_path(@step), :html => { :class => 'form-horizontal' } |f| %> 

can shed light on happening?

update

based on juanpastas seems form rendering correctly rails interpreting request post , not put. though life of me can't work out why.

you need pass complete params in route

<%= simple_form_for @step,    :url => my_author_test_author_steps_author_path(author, @step),   :html => { :class => 'form-horizontal' } |f| %> 

after reading title see should making post /author/test_author/24/steps_author/ without last number. about:

<% url = !@step.persisted? ? '/author/test_author/24/steps_author/' : my_author_test_author_steps_author_path(author, @step) %> <%= simple_form_for @step,   :url => url,   :html => { :class => 'form-horizontal' } |f| %> 

i have harcoded route because not sure route helper name. can run rake routes find helper.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Perl - how to grep a block of text from a file -

delphi - How to remove all the grips on a coolbar if I have several coolbands? -

javascript - Animating array of divs; only the final element is modified -